Tuesday 16 July 2013

July 2013 Guest Designer Lisa Griffith from the USA!




* See our current challenge HERE & our current wall of fame HERE*

Hello lovely people!  I was all set to get this post up last night when my dear kitty knocked my can of Diet Coke all over my keyboard & that was the end of that idea!  Much drying later it has - alas - NOT recovered but my dear hubby had a bright idea & I am now using my son's keyboard on top of my laptop (plugged into the USB) Yes, it is quite the contraption but, well, the things we do for love!  Guess I will be going laptop shopping again soon...sigh...

So things are very slow around here this month, which is a little sad for me, but I can't blame you gals for wanting to spend every minute you can in the sunshine at this time of the year & it is holiday season the world over, I have just returned from a week away myself & have a few more precious days with my university-going daughter, before she starts the long trek back on Sunday.

So enough of my waffle!  On with the show!!  We are so blessed to have the UBER talented Lisa Griffith here with us today with yet ANOTHER fantasmagorical layout - aaaaaaah to be THIS talented huh?!  I can only dream...


Lisa created with our July mood board, which is just so dreamy & beautiful, I am still in love with it every time I see it!  
TIME IS RUNNING OUT ON THIS ONE!!  You only have another 9 days to get your entries in!  Please give it a whirl if you can girls - NO NEED TO GO SHABBY - you can create a clean & simple or modern layout with hearts, keys & texture too y'know!  No favourite styles on THIS blog!!


You can check out Lisa's blog HERE - it is brand, spanking new so sign up & give the girls some support!!

"My name is Lisa Griffith & I live in the US with my husband of 13 years & our 7 year old son Liam. I have been scrap booking since my son was born but it is within the last year that it has developed into my passion! I love it so much because it combines my love of photography & my love of all things vintage, & having time to express myself creatively is so relaxing & rewarding. 

One of my favourite things to do is to go to estate sales and antique markets to hunt for treasures such as vintage photographs and magazines, old postcards and letters, sewing notions, or bits of old lace that I can incorporate into my layouts. 

My style is feminine, shabby & distressed, I like my designs to have an antique worn look like an old tattered book & I love using lots of inks & flowers. I have helped design kits for The Scrapbook Diaries & I am just starting out with my brand new blog!  I am so excited to have had the opportunity to be part of Scrap Around the World, thanks so much ladies!"




" As soon as I saw July's mood board I heard wedding bells! I have never scrapped any of my parents wedding photos so I thought their photo would really fit the theme."


"I loved all the romantic white lace & the white washed architecture.... perfect for a shabby romantic page!"


Please remember to leave some love for our special guest Lisa!



15 comments:

Gayle Price said...

Such a beautiful soft and pretty page. Love your work Lisa, and congratulations on your win at SATW and guest spot. I hope we see a lot more of your wonderful and inspiring creations.

Val-Belle said...

Hi Lisa, just want to say congratulations on being a special guest this month at Scrap around the world and inspiring us all. Love the layout of yours so soft and dreamy ... Love it.

Unknown said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the masking. This is such a soft romantic page.

Yuliya Khudyakova said...

Lovely & delicate! Very-berry!!)

Denise Price said...

Beautiful work, Lisa! I am enraptured with all the tiny details.

Helen, sorry to hear about your computer woes!

Keren Tamir said...

Beautiful LO Lisa!! love how you incorporated mixed media with the flowers!! that's my favorite style!!

Ava Gavloski said...

Lisa, its a beauty, enjoy the journey, the team at SATW is wonderful to play with.

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Love your soft, shabby page, Lisa! Thank you for the inspiration :)

juscrap said...

Gorgeous layout Lisa!! Love this romantic page, thank you for this inspiration.

Leonie said...

Lisa what a beautiful page, just stunning!!

Jessy Christopher said...

Wow what a gorgeous layout!! Love ur eye for details :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful page Lisa!! I love all the soft tones you used, they blend beautifuly!

Eila Sandberg said...

Congrats Lisa! this sure is a stunner! love the soft masking and the blooms. My favest combo. xox

alexandra polyzou said...

AMAZING LAYOUT!!!!LOVE IT!!!

Helen Wallace said...

A truly soft and dreamy layout..perfect for a wedding photo /)